Letter from the President
It’s amazing how time flies. Another school year begun. For some of you it’s a first, so welcome to Oak Forest Elementary. It’s a special place.
Community is an often used word, but in the case of our school, the community is what makes us great. Oak Forest Elementary’s teachers will truly take an interest in your child and help them to grow, both academically and personally. Parents volunteer their precious time on behalf of all our children, both in the classroom at the school. Many work full time jobs, yet still find a few hours each year to make a lasting difference. Teachers and parents are supported by a caring and thoughtful administration, who spend long hours to keep things humming.
This year, we’ll have a repeat of our highly successful fun run, scheduled on October 30 and the Fall Festival on November 12, which a majority of parents surveyed said was their favorite school event. Our school’s auction is in March, and you’ll be hearing about that in the months to come. The continued success of the Oak Forest auction is what allows the PTA to provide the school with much needed ‘big ticket’ items, and we hope we can count on your help to make this year’s a success.
My oldest has two more years at OFE and the knowledge is bittersweet. Enjoy your year, make new memories, help your kids learn a lot – and please let the PTA know we are doing and how we can serve you better. Better yet, join us and let’s keep building this community together.
Betsy DensonPTA President 2016-2017
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
~Courtesy of the Texas PTA website
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop united efforts between educators and the general public to secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.